The person selected for this position will be responsible for supervising children in BCA’s afterschool care program, serving students in grades K-5. The hours are from 2:30 – 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday, excluding school holidays. Maximum student/teacher ratio is 10:1.
- Supervises the after care students. Serves a school-provided snack, provides active time outdoors (weather-dependent), prepares indoor activities, and assists with homework.
- Aware of allergies/medical issues with students and maintains a safe environment for all.
- Treats all children with dignity and respect.
- Helps with the general housekeeping tasks. Returns items used during after care.
- Maintains a neat and organized classroom.
- Ensures safety at all times.
- Reports any problem which may occur with the children to the Director.
- Participates in dismissal procedures at the end of after care, ensuring that each child leaves with the appropriate adult (either Lead Teacher or Authorized Adult).
- Greets parents and children with salutations and smiles. Maintains a professional attitude at all times.
- Works with other staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and pass a background check.
- Must have a warm and friendly personality, be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others, be able to relate well to children, and be willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the School’s program and philosophy.
Compensation range is $12.50 – $15.00/hour, depending on experience. To apply, please click here.
Posted November 14, 2019