Head of School Job Description
Currently seeking applications for 2020-2021 school year.
Application deadline is November 27, 2019.
The Board of Trustees at BCA desires that the Head of School be a fellow worker for the Lord who is passionate about Christ-centered K-12 education in New England. The Head of School needs to be internally motivated, cooperative and collaborative, eager to see success without necessarily getting the praise deserved, hopeful and optimistic. The following are duties, responsibilities, and expected characteristics of the Head of School at BCA. However, it’s important to remember that a job description will never fully define a role.
- The Head of School must have Christian faith and demonstrated Christian character and high moral standing. The Head of School must agree with the BCA statement of faith and must be able to produce recommendations from pastors and others who would have insight to their strength of character.
- The Head of School must be able to establish and maintain trusting and respectful relationships with everyone including Board, teachers, staff, parents, students and both Christian and public communities.
- The Head of School must demonstrate a management style that encourages open discourse and transparency, is able to lead the school by example and inspiration, strives for consensus and peaceful outcomes and has an extraordinary ability to be patient and forbearing in the midst of disagreement.
The Head of School shall be responsible to the Board of Trustees and shall work in close collaboration with the Board.
The Head of School responsibilities are envisioned to include:
- Recruiting, hiring and firing of all staff and teachers including management of annual reviews, conducting regular check-ins, observing classroom performance, etc.
- Oversight and awareness of classroom curriculums for all grades; ensuring that curriculums are in agreement with BCA objectives and statement of faith as well as accreditation requirements.
- Ensuring a positive, healthy culture within the school and its activities.
- Managing Board-approved budget and communicating with operations staff and the Board throughout the year to ensure wise decision making.
- Managing facilities.
- Managing and maintaining accreditations per Board directives.
- Participating in advancement activities to help facilitate receipt of donations and increase enrollment.
- Keeping Board of Trustees well informed via:
- Monthly board meeting updates
- Committee work as assigned
- Proactive communication of concerns
- Must have earned a Master’s Degree or higher in a field of education directly related to the position.
- Must have demonstrated success in a classroom with at least 5 years of teaching experience.
- Must have and maintain an ACSI administrator certificate or qualify for such a certification.
- Must enroll all eligible children at BCA.
- Updated curriculum vitae with contact information
- References: two professional, one personal, and one pastoral
- Spiritual testimony including conversion, significant spiritual milestones, and current local church involvement