Barrington Christian Academy celebrated the Class of 2020 with a (socially distanced) outdoor graduation ceremony and a speech from their chosen keynote speaker, high school history teacher Melanie Twitchell. Mrs. Twitchell joined BCA as a fourth-grade teacher in 2012, so most of these graduating seniors were some of her very first students at BCA.
Having specific experience and closeness with this class, she offered eight lessons to help guide them into their very promising futures:
- Lesson 1: Always seek God’s wisdom.
- Lesson 2: You receive strength and wisdom through adversity.
- Lesson 3: Be a voice of hope.
- Lesson 4: Stand against the bullies and sharks in this world.
- Lesson 5: Don’t walk this world alone.
- Lesson 6: How you handle the little things in life is how you handle the big things in life.
- Lesson 7: Don’t be afraid to take risks.
- Lesson 8: Use the gifts that God has given you.
We are so proud of our graduating class of 2020: Elisha, Eliza, Michael, Juliana, Jacqualine, Sarah, Kaitlyn, Domenic, Isaac, Will, Travis, Ethan, Jiahao, and Emmalynn! Mrs. Twitchell sent them off into their bright futures by saying:
It is time now to go out into this world to serve and be culture changers. Lord, may you bless this group. Light their paths brightly so that they always choose to follow you. And I pray in all things they do, that they bring glory to you.Melanie Twitchell, 6/5/2020
Would you like to know more about BCA’s personalized, faith-based education?
Watch this video featuring current parents talking about the
impact of our education on their children.
You can read Mrs. Twitchell’s keynote address in its entirety by clicking on page 2.